Dining Chez Moi

Food, cooking and entertaining are pervasive passions for me. Dining Chez Moi is my place to write about food, daily menus, marketing trips, food events, food adventures, and forays into dining out, especially if they involve ideas for home cooking. This is primarily a tour of my personal kitchen, rather than a restaurant review journal.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Preliminary plans

I went on a scouting expedition to Farmers’ Market yesterday. The Wednesday market, which is the famous Santa Monica Farmers’ Market, takes place on Arizona Street. I biked down there to get fresh produce for an out-of-town guest I’d be entertaining (though he later called to cancel), and to ‘suss out the lay of the land in these hot September days. It has been very dry.

Late summer tomatoes, including the marvelous heirloom varieties, are in abundance, as usual for this time of year. Also looking very good are all varieties of summer squash, eggplant and late varieties of stone fruit. Oh, and melons. Yummy, yummy, sugary melons.

Thinking about a recipe to “do” this weekend, a ratatouille variation. But it seems too warm yet, for a ratatouille. It has been not only dry but hot.

So I’m thinking perhaps a gazpacho.

We shall see, if I can find some good peppers and onions, gazpacho would be just the ticket for this September weekend.

I will try to find a creative twist to put on the subject, and of course, I will publish the nutritional stats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home